LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATE IN COUNSELLING SKILLS (CSK-L2)
This course is offered to candidates who have a willingness to explore self in order to become more congruent and learn to use counselling skills either in a voluntary or employed setting. In addition we also offer an Intensive Programme, which is a 6 hour day time model. This course will not qualify you as a counsellor, but it may assist you in deciding whether or not to continue training. This qualification builds on the Level 2 Award in Listening Support Skills, however you do not need to complete the Listening Support Skills to apply for this course.
- Use counselling skills ethically and safely.
- Establish and sustain the boundaries of the helping role.
- Work empathically as a helper.
- Focus on the helpee’s needs and concerns.
- Use self awareness in helping work.
- Use a range of counselling skills to facilitate the helping interaction.
- Use feedback and reflection to enhance counselling skills.
Minimum age of entry is 18 years
No prior knowledge, attainment or experience is required, however, selection is based on the following criteria:
Submit, with your application, up to a 250-word statement on how you feel you meet the characteristics of the entry requirements detailed below. You will also need to attend an interview.
- Able to cope with the course content.
- Ability to translate intra-personal experiences into language.
- Able to benefit from self-development.
- Be motivated towards developing as a helper.
- Emotional stability.
- Identify reasons for training beyond just personal development.
- Be aware of the time resources required to meet demands of the course.
- Show awareness of difference and diversity.
Dates & Times – REGULAR
|COST OF TRAINING:||£TBC|
|CPCAB REGISTRATION FEE:||£TBC|
|START DATES:||OCTOBER 2022|
|FINISH DATES:||JULY 2023|
|NUMBER OF SESSIONS:||30|
|NUMBER OF HOURS:||90|
Dates & Times – INTENSIVE
|COST OF TRAINING:||£806.00|
|CPCAB REGISTRATION FEE:||£169.00|
|DAY/TIME:||Saturday 10.00am – 4.00pm|
|START DATES:||5th MARCH 2022|
|FINISH DATES:||9th JULY 2022|
|NUMBER OF SESSIONS:||15|
|NUMBER OF HOURS:||90|
Set in beautiful, historic Rochester at 135 High Street, Rochester Kent ME1 1EW. Ample car parking and rail links close by.
The training course costs £806.00 Training includes all tuition costs, course materials and tutorials. (Excludes textbooks).
In addition, CPCAB Candidate Registration fee is £169.00.
Fees can be paid in full prior to the commencement of the course.
A monthly payment plan is available. A deposit is required. For further details please contact Administration.
Payment can be made by Credit or Debit Card, Cash or Standing Order.
This is a Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB) course, which is accredited by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) into the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Qualification Number: 500/7938/4.
Application for this course
Please contact Administration on 01634 843733 or email: email@example.com for an application form and course information.
If wish to continue onto the Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies, then completion of the Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills is essential or Recognised Prior Learning (RPL)