LEVEL 6 CERTIFICATE IN THERAPEUTIC COUNSELLING SUPERVISION
CPCAB ACCREDITED COURSE
This course is designed for candidates who want to train to become a Therapeutic Counselling Supervisor. Upon successful completion of this qualification, candidates will be able to provide a therapeutic supervision service.
Units of Study
Students will learn to:
- Model and supervise the professional framework.
- Model and supervise the skilled use of the relationship.
- Model and supervise the use of theory and research on diversity.
- Model and supervise a user-centred approach to the work.
- Model and supervise the skilled use of the self.
- Model and supervise the coherent use of theory, research and skills.
- Model and supervise the self-reflective practitioner.
Assessment methods will be both internal and external.
You will be required to write a 3000-3500 structured case review, which will be externally assessed.
Complete 15 hours, minimum, 1 to 1 formally contracted supervision as a practitioner, working with trainee or qualified counsellors.
Candidates are required to complete a minimum of 5 hours of supervisory supervision, with a senior/experienced clinical supervisor. This can either be 1 to 1 or in group. (This will need to calculated to BACP 2018 guidance)
You will be expected to build a portfolio. Three assessment methods used throughout the training are; review of Documents, Tutor Observation and meeting course criteria.
Candidates must have achieved any of the following or have Recognised Prior Learning (RPL):
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
- Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling or
- Level 5 Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Skills and Theory.
- Candidates will need to be accredited or eligible for BACP Accreditation and have a minimum of 450 supervised client hours.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 1 year post-qualifying experience of supervised client work. (If completed a Level 5 Diploma).
- Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years post-qualifying experience of supervised client work. (If completed a Level 4 Diploma).
- Candidates will be asked to attend an interview.
- Candidates will be asked to provide 2 references, one from their most recent clinical supervisor and a personal reference. The personal referee must have known the candidate for at least 2 years. (Not a family member).
- Supervision costs.
- Professional indemnity insurance for working with clients.
- Membership of a professional body.
Dates & Times
|COST OF TRAINING:||£1650.00|
|CPCAB EXTERNAL ASSESSMENT||YES|
|CPCAB REGISTRATION FEE:||£339.00|
|DAY/TIME:||6 WEEKENDS – 9.30AM – 5.00PM|
|START DATES:||SATURDAY 8TH MAY 2021|
|FINISH DATES:||SUNDAY 24TH OCTOBER 2021|
|NUMBER OF SESSIONS:||12|
|NUMBER OF HOURS:||90|
Fees can be paid in full prior to commencement of the course. A monthly payment plan is available and a deposit is required. For details please contact Administration.
Set in beautiful historic Rochester, at Ocean Consultancy Service Limited, 135 High Street ME1 1EW. Ample car parking, rail and bus links nearby.
This is a Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB) course, which is accredited by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) into the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Qualification number 500/8222/X.
Please contact Administration on 01634 843733 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, for an application form and full course details.