Award in Understanding Substance Misuse
This qualification is intended for candidates who wish to develop their knowledge of substance misuse. The knowledge gained would be useful in a variety of settings, both personal and professional, for example:
- supporting those working in Tier 1 services by providing an overview of the subject;
- enhancing understanding for those already working therapeutically – i.e. counsellors, support workers, key workers etc.;
- benefiting parents and carers by virtue of increased knowledge and awareness;
- helping and supporting others either in a voluntary or employed capacity.
Candidates will learn to:
- Know the effects of a range of drugs, including alcohol.
- Know the harm associated with different substances and related behaviours.
- Be aware of diversity in relation to substance use/misuse
- Understand why people use/misuse drugs
- Be aware of own responses to issues in relation to substance use/misuse
- Know the social economic effects of substance misuse.
- Use Study skills within the learning process.
No previous training or experience is required but students are asked to confirm that they are at least 16 years old at the commencement of the course.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Are able to cope with course content.
- Are able to benefit from self-development.
- Possess emotional stability.
- Can identify reasons for training beyond personal development.
- Are aware of the time resources required to meet the demands of the course.
- Are aware of difference and diversity.
Dates & Times
|COST OF TRAINING:||£308.00|
|CPCAB EXAM||Portfolios are sent away to be externally verified|
|DAY/TIME:||WEDNESDAY 6PM – 9PM|
|START DATES:||1st MAY 2019|
|FINISH DATES:||10th JULY 2019|
|NUMBER OF SESSIONS:||10|
|NUMBER OF HOURS:||30|
Set in beautiful, historic Rochester at 135 High Street, Rochester Kent ME1 1EW. Ample car parking and rail links close by.
This is a Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB) course, which is accredited by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) into the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Qualification Number: 500/4684/6
Application for this course
Please contact Administration on 01634 843733 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form and course information.
Upon completion of the L2 Award Understanding Substance Misuse course you can apply to complete the Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills Course.