LEVEL 3 CERTIFICATE IN COUNSELLING STUDIES (CST-L3)
This course is designed for candidates who want to take the next step in training to become a counsellor, having already acquired counselling skills and a wish to learn more about counselling theory and agency work. In addition we also offer an Intensive Programme, which is a 6 hour daytime model. At the end of this training you will not be qualified as a counsellor, but it may help you to decide whether or not to continue with further training.
- Prepare to work within an ethical framework for counselling.
- Understand the counselling relationship.
- Understand difference and diversity issues to develop empathic understanding.
- Work within a user-centred approach to counselling.
- Use counselling theory to develop self awareness in counselling practice.
- Understand theories of counselling and mental health.
- Use feedback, reflection and supervision to support counselling studies.
Minimum age of entry 19 years.
Hold a CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills or Recognised Prior Learning (RPL)
You will be asked to attend an interview where you will discuss your readiness to embark on the next stage of training and how you think you meet the characteristics identified below:-
- Ability to translate intra-personal experience into language.
- Are able to benefit from self development.
- Emotional stability.
- Evidence of personal insight.
- Ability to form a helping relationship.
- Awareness of difference and diversity.
- Are able to cope with the course content.
- Be motivated towards developing as a counselling practitioner.
Dates & Times – REGULAR
|COST OF TRAINING:||£TBC|
|CPCAB REGISTRATION FEE:||£TBC|
|DAY/TIME:||6.00pm – 9.00pm|
|START DATES:||TBC 2020|
|FINISH DATES:||TBC 2021|
|NUMBER OF SESSIONS:||30|
|NUMBER OF HOURS:||90|
Dates & Times – INTENSIVE
|COST OF TRAINING:||£809.00|
|CPCAB REGISTRATION FEE:||£169.00|
|DAY/TIME:||Saturday 10.00am – 4.00pm|
|START DATES:||29th February 2020|
|FINISH DATES:||11th July 2020|
|NUMBER OF SESSIONS:||15|
|NUMBER OF HOURS:||90|
Set in beautiful, historic Rochester at 135 High Street, Rochester Kent ME1 1EW. Ample car parking and rail links close by.
The training course costs: £809.00 This includes tuition fees, course materials and tutorials, (Excludes textbooks).
In addition, CPCAB Candidate Registration fee is £169.00
Fees can be paid in full prior to the commencement of the course.
A monthly plan is available. A deposit is required. For further details please contact Administration.
Payment can be made by Credit or Debit Card, Cash or Standing Order.
This is a Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB) course, which is accredited by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) into the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Qualification Number: 500/8009/X
Application for this course
Please contact Administration on 01634 843733 or via email: email@example.com for an application form and course information.
If you wish to continue onto the Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling then completion of CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills and Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies are essential, or have achieved Recognised Prior Learning (RPL). You will also need to attend, pass an interview and provide a reference from your most recent tutor prior to admission onto the course.